Emergency Care First Aid
Emergency Care First Aid (ECFA) is a half-day program that focuses on responding to common illnesses and injuries in adults. It complements the CPR / AED skills acquired via the CarePlus course or other training courses.
Core topics include:
- preparing to help in an emergency
- assessing the emergency scene
- protecting yourself from infection
- legal considerations
- emergency action planning
- responding to bites and stings
- responding to chest pain and breathing difficulties
- responding to sudden illness, such as fainting, stroke, seizure, chest pain, allergic reaction and suspected poisoning
- responding to environmental emergencies, such as heat stroke, hypothermia and frostbite
- responding to choking, shock and common injuries
Optional topics include:
- using a tourniquet or splint
- using an EpiPen injector
- responding to open chest or abdominal injuries
- emotional considerations
A Certificate of Completion (A4 size) is issued at the end of the ECFA course. The Certificate is valid for two years.
ECFA utilises the BasicPlus Student materials:
- student book (full colour)
- wallet-size skill guide
- pad & gauze bandages
- nitrile (non-latex) gloves
- home emergency planner
- rescue breath barrier (Resaco)
Price per person:
¥22,500 including 10% consumption tax.
¥40,500* including 10% tax.
(10% discount per person)
¥57,375* including 10% tax.
(15% discount per person)
Four or more people:
Please Enquire regarding a quotation. Progressive discounts apply for larger groups.