ChildcarePlus - CPR, AED and First Aid for Children, Infants and Adults
ChildcarePlus is a MEDIC First Aid program incorporating CPR, AED use and basic first aid skills for children, infants and (optionally) adults. It is suitable for those who need to meet occupational, regulatory or personal requirements for working within schools or preschools, or in youth sports, home or community settings. Course duration is 6 - 7.5 hours, including short breaks and a lunch break.
Core topics include:
- the role of a Pediatric First Aid Provider
- preparing to help in an emergency
- assessing the emergency scene
- protecting yourself from infection
- legal considerations and Good Samaritan laws
- cardiopulmonary function, cardiac arrest and the chain of survival
- chest compressions and rescue breaths for children and infants
- AED operation and troubleshooting
- control of bleeding and responding to minor / serious injuries
- responding to fainting, asthma, allergic reaction and other child illnesses
- responding to drowning, choking, suspected poisoning and other child emergencies
- responding to environmental emergencies, such as heat exhaustion, heat stroke and hypothermia
- emotional considerations regarding emergencies involving children
A ChildcarePlus Certification Card is issued upon successful course completion. Certification is valid for two years.
ChildcarePlus Student Pack
Course participants receive a ChildcarePlus Student Pack:
- ChildcarePlus / PediatricPlus book (full colour)
- rescue breath barrier (Resaco)
- wallet-size skill guide
- home emergency planner
- pad & gauze bandages
- nitrile (non-latex) gloves
¥27,500 including 10% consumption tax.
¥49,500* including 10% tax.
(10% discount per person)
¥70,125* including 10% tax.
(15% discount per person)
Four or more people:
Please Enquire regarding a quotation. Progressive discounts apply for larger groups.
* During CPR / AED practice, two or three participants usually share one training mannequin set (child / infant / adult). Use of one mannequin set per participant is possible, however the one-person price will apply.